Women’s Resource Centre is pleased to announce it has been awarded funding by Trust for London and the City of London’s City Bridge Trust for a three year programme of training on social media and policy influencing.
The programme will comprise seven trainings a year for three years. Of these, three are at a basic, beginners level, examining the basics of influencing policy and campaigning in the morning and including an introduction to social media in the afternoon.
Four will be at a more advanced level, providing more in-depth training on policy and campaigning (such as influencing and engaging locally, online networking and engaging service users in campaigns to influence policy) with a focus in the afternoon on using social media and websites to influence and network effectively. This course will require some basic working knowledge of social media eg Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
In addition, we will:
- Provide 10 women’s organisations a year with one to one support in developing their digital and social media - from websites to blogs and media strategies.
- Match five women’s organisations per year with volunteers who can help with developing websites.
The programme is open to women’s organisations based in London and will begin in May 2012.
This year’s training dates are:
- Thursday 3rd May (beginners)
- Thursday 14th June (beginners)
- Wednesday 4 July (beginners)
- Tuesday 18th September (advanced)
- Wednesday 17th October (advanced)
- Wednesday 14th November (advanced)
- Wednesday 5th December (advanced)
If you would like to attend one of the trainings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘training’ in the subject field or call 0207 324 3030 and ask to speak to Sarah Brown. You can also download booking forms:
Beginners: Beginners form (63.00KB) and
Advanced: Advanced form (62.50KB)
and send to the admin email address: email@example.com
If you are interested in one to one support please contact Sarah Brown on 0207 324 3040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘one to one support’ in the subject header of the email.
Please note that one to one support is on a first come first served basis.